Procedure and list of necessary documents
Step 1 – Documentation requirements
- Signing and notarizing a POA to a local lawyer, draft of will be provided by our legal experts (this can be done in the country of origin or in Montenegro)
*In case PoA is issued in another country it has to be Apostilled and translated into Montenegrin. Preferably the translation should be done in Montenegro
- A copy of passport (notarial certification is mandatory)
- Proof of address (issued by a government institution, such as tax authorities, police, etc. or utility bill)
- Completed questionnaire
* Processing time 2 days.
Step 2 – Verification of the Articles of Incorporation
- Notarization of a standard form of the Articles of Incorporation, done by a local lawyer using the POA
* Processing time: 1 day.
Step 3 – Registration in the Montenegrin Business Registration Agency
* Processing time: 3-4 days.
Step 4 – The process prior to applying for residence
- Sending scanned university or high school diploma for the purposes of nostrification and translation
- Sending, for the purposes of translation, the document from the Client’s home country, issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which confirms that the Client was not sentenced to prison sentence lasting 6 months or more for criminal offence that is prosecuted ex officio. This document must be brought to Montenegro in original
- Sending CV, that will also be translated to Montenegrin
- Obtaining bank statement of the company
- Obtaining company status document from the registry
Step 5 – Visit to Montenegro and applying for residence
- Obtaining two passport photos in Montenegro
- Obtaining Montenegrin health insurance policy
- Signing the employment agreement with the newly formed company
- Applying for the residence in the Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Obtaining tokens for e-banking, cards and other connected devices and documents
* Processing time: 2-day stay in Montenegro.
Step 6 – Second visit: obtaining residency ID card
* Processing time: 15 to 30 days after the first visit. One day stay.